"We're so apart it makes us realize how connected we are."
For a variety of reasons, this is not the Earth Day many of us thought we'd be celebrating on the first Earth Day back in 1970.
But from socially-distant cleanups to virtual events of all shapes and sizes (see list below), we're all coming together to celebrate our concern for and connection to our little blue planet.
Earth Day! It's Earth Day! Here's a partial guide to what's going on:
1) For a list of all digital Earth Day events happening in MN
2) Participate in the MNIPL live stream event, from 1-3pm, and send in a picture to MNIPL for their digital rally. Find out more and register on MNIPL's Earth Day toolkit
3) Check out Earth Day Live 2020, a 24 hour international live stream event in celebration of the day and with global Youth Climate leaders.
4) Participate in individual, physically-distant trash pick up during Earth Week in Coordination with the Great Global Cleanup (See Op-ed letter which ran in the Sunday DNT). Come on, you need to get outside anyway!
5) Watch a live stream movie event, The Human Element, during this, April 17-26, and hosting a Zoom discussion on the movie on Friday, April 24, at 2pm. https://vimeo.com/402203675","_id":"0000017a-5a03-dba2-ad7e-5b3360de0000","_type":"035d81d3-5be2-3ed2-bc8a-6da208e0d9e2"}">
6) Here is a link to Laura Erickson's "Earth Day 2020" piece from today.